In short, we only collect personal information about you to make our service better. We use a number of cookies to tailor our service to you and remember you the next time you visit. We never share any of your data unless absolutely necessary (things like preventing fraud or being required to do so by law).
We collect anonymous data from every visitor of the Website to monitor traffic and fix bugs. For example, we collect information like web requests, the data sent in response to such requests, the Internet Protocol address, the browser type, the browser language, and a timestamp for the request.
You are able to view, change and remove your data associated with your projects. Should you choose to delete your account, we will automatically delete all data.
Minors and children should not use Samu. By using the Website, you represent that you have the legal capacity to enter into a binding agreement.
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
Currently we operate an "implied consent" policy which means that we assume you are happy with this usage. If you are not happy, then you should not use this Website.
We may use both "session" cookies and "persistent" cookies on the website. Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
We will use the session cookies to: keep track of you whilst you navigate the website; prevent fraud and increase website security. We will use the persistent cookies to: enable our website to recognise you when you visit and keep track of your preferences in relation to your use of our website.
Use of the Data
We only use your personal information to provide you the Samu services or to communicate with you about the services or the Website.
We may use your personal information to:
- administer the website;
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- enable your use of the services available on the website;
- send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
- send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website;
- keep the website secure and prevent fraud;
- verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of the website.
- We employ industry standard techniques to protect against unauthorised access of data about you that we store, including personal information.
We do not share personal information you have provided to us without your consent, unless:
- doing so is appropriate to carry out your own request;
- we believe it's needed to detect, prevent or address fraud, security or technical issues;
- otherwise protect our property, legal rights, or that of others.
- We may contact you, by email or other means. For example, we may send you promotional emails relating to Samu or other third parties we feels you would be interested in, or communicate with you about your use of the Samu website. We may also use technology to alert us via a confirmation email when you open an email from us. If you do not want to receive email from Samu, please opt out of receiving emails at the bottom of any Samu emails or by editing your profile preferences.
Sharing of Data
We don't share your personal information with third parties. Only aggregated, anonymised data is periodically transmitted to external services to help us improve the Samu Website and service. We currently use Google Analytics (traffic analysis, SEO optimisation), MailChimp (mailing list management), Paddle (payments) and Groove (email support).
International Data Transfers
Information which you provide may be transferred to countries which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area.
Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure and firewall-protected servers.
You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and other login details confidential. We will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to the website).
Should you have any question or concern, you can contact us by email.